Preparation: Photographs

To create my primary image for my front cover and other images of my music magazine i need to take things into consideration before making final decisions. These things include the 'mise-en-scene' of the shot.  I intend to make my photographs look as professional and skilled as possible and to achieve this I need to have a detailed plan and concept. 
I will take the photos of the band outside in a rural area such as a local woods to add a contrast of the strong band to the soft, natural background. As for the lighting of the shot, i will have it quite dim and therefore take it later during the day as it will create an atmospheric mood.The band are going to wear grunge/indie vintage clothes as this gives authenticity and gives the band a strong image which represents there genre of music. The positioning of the band will be layered; making the lead singer of the band being the focus of the shot.
                                
Options for make-up
Top left: Alexa chung- soft look with the use of brown and golden eyeshadow.
Top right: Eliot Paulina Sumner known as 'I blame coco'- natural face with the contrast of the 'smokey eye' effect.
Bottom: Daisy Coburn known as 'Daisy dares you'-gothic style with dark eyes and lips creating a bold statement. 
I have chosen to use the 'natural face with the contrast of the 'smokey eye' effect.' The reason for this is that it has a balance of natural and strengh.